With Cardano the impact of pool fees on rewards reduce as stake increases, up until the saturation point is reached. For these reasons a flat fee approach is sub-optimal, they reduce rewards when a pool is small and needs to grow and they offer no resistance to reward killing over-saturation as they get too big.
Why our fees are better than flat fees:
- Encourages growth, no fees until pool exceeds 10% saturation
- Low fee of 1% between 10 to 65% saturation
- Gears pool towards optimal stake and therefore optimal rewards
- Increased Saturation Protection as stake grows too large
- No surprises
|BIRD Pool Saturation||Margin Fee||Up to Stake|
|0 - 10%||0%||6.34M ₳|
|10% - 65%||1%||41.21M ₳|
|65% - 80%||2%||50.72M ₳|
|80% - 95%||3%||60.23M ₳|
You can keep track of pool fees via email by subscribing to Alerts.
Without a saturation mitigation strategy even a 0% pool is likely to be less profitable over the long term, the slower the pool recovers from over-saturation the more devastating the losses. Critically even the most active stakers are slow to react as they don't realize the drop in rewards until it hits their wallets 2 epochs later!
With Saturation Protection our pools automatically regulate stake via a progressive fee structure which ramps up in the final 5% of saturation. This brings back delegation towards an optimal stake preventing the pool from reaching over-saturation which massively impacts rewards.
- Enables highly profitiable set and forget staking
- Actively combats over-saturation - before it impacts rewards
- Discourages new stakers when pool is under threat of saturation
- Encourages active stakers to migrate before pool becomes saturated
Rewards per epoch comparison between BIRD pool and various flat fee pools with a personal stake of 100K ₳, comparison does not track rewards lost due to over-saturation!
|Saturation||BIRD Pool||1% Pool||2% Pool||3% Pool|
|10%||73.36 ₳||72.57 ₳||71.79 ₳||71 ₳|
|65%||77.11 ₳||77.11 ₳||76.32 ₳||75.54 ₳|
|80%||76.48 ₳||77.26 ₳||76.48 ₳||75.69 ₳|
|95%||75.80 ₳||77.37 ₳||76.58 ₳||75.80 ₳|