With Cardano the impact of pool fees on rewards reduce as stake increases, up until the saturation point is reached. For these reasons a flat fee approach is sub-optimal, they reduce rewards when a pool is small and needs to grow and they offer no resistance to reward killing over-saturation as they get too big.
Why our fees are better than flat fees:
- Encourages growth, no fees until pool exceeds 50% saturation
- Low fee of 1% between 50 to 70% saturation
- Gears pool towards optimal stake and therefore optimal rewards
- Increased Saturation Protection as stake grows too large
- No surprises
|BIRD Pool Saturation||Margin Fee||Up to Stake|
|0 - 50%||0%||31.70M ₳|
|50% - 70%||1%||44.38M ₳|
|70% - 85%||2%||53.89M ₳|
|85% - 95%||3%||60.23M ₳|
You can keep track of pool fees via email by subscribing to Alerts.
Without a saturation mitigation strategy even a 0% pool is likely to be less profitable over the long term, the slower the pool recovers from over-saturation the more devastating the losses. Critically even the most active stakers are slow to react as they don't realize the drop in rewards until it hits their wallets 2 epochs later!
With Saturation Protection our pools automatically regulate stake via a progressive fee structure which ramps up in the final 5% of saturation. This brings back delegation towards an optimal stake preventing the pool from reaching over-saturation which massively impacts rewards.
- Enables highly profitiable set and forget staking
- Actively combats over-saturation - before it impacts rewards
- Discourages new stakers when pool is under threat of saturation
- Encourages active stakers to migrate before pool becomes saturated
Rewards per epoch comparison between BIRD pool and various flat fee pools with a personal stake of 100K ₳, comparison does not track rewards lost due to over-saturation!
|Saturation||BIRD Pool||1% Pool||2% Pool||3% Pool|
|50%||77.65 ₳||76.86 ₳||76.08 ₳||75.29 ₳|
|70%||77.17 ₳||77.17 ₳||76.38 ₳||75.59 ₳|
|85%||76.52 ₳||77.30 ₳||76.52 ₳||75.73 ₳|
|95%||75.80 ₳||77.37 ₳||76.58 ₳||75.80 ₳|