A flat fee approach is sub-optimal, they reduce rewards for stakers when a pools are small and they offer no resistance to reward killing over-saturation when they get too big.
Why our fees are better than flat fees:
- Encourages growth, no fees until pool exceeds 10% saturation
- Super Low fees until pool exceeds 80% saturation
- Gears pool towards optimal stake and therefore optimal rewards
- Increased Saturation Resistance as stake grows too large
- No surprises
|BIRD Pool Saturation||Margin Fee||Up to Stake|
|0 - 5%||0%||3.17M ₳|
|6% - 25%||1%||15.85M ₳|
|26% - 80%||2%||50.72M ₳|
|81% - 95%||4%||60.23M ₳|
You can keep track of pool fees via email by subscribing to Alerts.
On Cardano pool over-saturation is a big deal, it has the potential to significantly impacts rewards so it's important that pools have a mitigation strategy, especially for stakers who aren't constantly assessing their rewards on a weekly basis.
Our pool automatically regulate stake via a progressive fee structure which ramps up before over-saturation hits.
- Enables highly profitiable set and forget staking
- Actively combats over-saturation - before it impacts rewards
- Discourages new stakers when pool is under threat of saturation
- Encourages active stakers to migrate before pool becomes saturated
Pool Rewards Comparison
The table below compares rewards earned at BIRD pool with 3 flat fee pools, this is based on a stake of 100K ₳, comparison does not track rewards lost due to over-saturation!
|Saturation||BIRD Pool||1% Pool||2% Pool||3% Pool|
|5%||68 ₳||67.21 ₳||66.42 ₳||65.64 ₳|
|25%||75.79 ₳||75.79 ₳||75 ₳||74.22 ₳|
|80%||76.48 ₳||77.26 ₳||76.48 ₳||75.69 ₳|
|95%||75.01 ₳||77.37 ₳||76.58 ₳||75.80 ₳|